6 Replies Latest reply on Nov 15, 2018 9:07 AM by Parmeshwar Sangangiri

Server Extract Refresh Error: Driver Issues

Charlotte Taft

Starting two days ago, I started to receive an error for a regular refresh to server - see below:

com.tableausoftware.nativeapi.dll.FederatedDataSourceException: One or more connections in this data source need attention:[DATA SOURCE NAME]: <p>To connect to the [SERVER NAME] database, you must install at least version 10.0 of the driver. Version 6.0.0 of the driver is currently installed.</p> Visit http://www.tableau.com/drivers to download driver setup files. [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified Unable to connect to the server "[SERVER NAME]". Check that the server is running and that you have access privileges to the requested database.

There are several things that I'm confused by and need to clarify before I pass this to our IT/Networking team.

1. We are running 10.5 for desktop and server and when I follow the provided links, I'm seeing "For Tableau Desktop 9.3 and later, the Microsoft SQL Server driver is installed by default." Is this correct?

2. All other extracts from this same database are still working and refreshing successfully - except for this one - how can that be per the above?

Any help would be much appreciated!