4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 8, 2018 2:42 PM by Randolph Ralph

Calculate Percentage of Top N to Total

Randolph Ralph

I have a Dashboard that allows the Top N Ranked Sales Employees based on 2018 Sales. I have parameters that filter based on Type, Location Code, or Manager (only one of which should be filtered). I am attempting to add two calculations to the dashboard in order to answer two questions.

1. What percent of Top N Ranked Sales Employees make up the Total Sales Employees for the Type, Location Code, or Manager (parameters)?

2. The Top N Ranked Sales Employees 2018 Sales account for what percentage of Total Sales for the Type, Location Code, or Manager (parameters)?

Example 1: Manager = Isabel Cruz

Expected Calculation

1. 40% =  2 Sales Employee (Top N) / 5 Total Sales Employees in 2018 for Isabel Cruz

2. 47% = $520 2018 Sales from Top N Ranked Sales Employee / $1110 2018 Total Sales for Isabel Cruz

Ex1.jpg

Example 2: Type = Owned

Expected Calculation

1. 71% =  5 Sales Employee (Top N) / 7 Total Sales Employees in 2018 for Owned

2. 76% = $750 2018 Sales from Top N Ranked Sales Employee / $990 2018 Total Sales for Owned

Ex2.jpg

Example 3: Location Code = BC1

Expected Calculation

1. 100% =  1 Sales Employee (Top N) / 1 Total Sales Employees in for BC1

2. 100% = $110 2018 Sales from Top N Ranked Sales Employee / $110 2018Total Sales for BC1

Ex3.jpg

I have attempted to create the calculated fields to perform the calculations as shown above, but not sure how to apply the Top N filter to get the Top N totals compared to the Total based on Type, Location Code, or Manager.

Any idea if this can be accomplished or recommendations of how I could accomplish this?