3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 7, 2018 9:34 AM by Ritesh Bisht

Secondary Data source in my worksheet?

Greg Mooney

I have a worksheet that is only using 1 data source (that I know of) and it should only be one.

When I look at my Data source tab on the left of the worksheet I see another one of my data sources has the orange check mark next to it, indicating that it is the secondary data source for this worksheet.

I do not know how it got applied and would like to know how I can figure out which dimension or measure (or anything else like parameters, etc.) might be in the workbook?

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Secondary Data source in my worksheet?
          Sasha Hanna

Hi Greg,

Have you tried closing the secondary datasource? If you are indeed using fields from it, it will give you a warning telling you that closing it may break sheets in your workbook.

Cheers,

Sasha

• 2. Re: Secondary Data source in my worksheet?
            Jim Dehner

Good morning Greg

I'd have to see the tebx workbook to be sure but is there any chance you had a workbook open when opened you new data source?

Just click on the second data source and it the dimensions and measures will show up

JIm

If this posts assists in resolving the question, please mark it helpful or as the 'correct answer' if it resolves the question. This will help other users find the same answer/resolution.  Thank you.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Secondary Data source in my worksheet?
              Ritesh Bisht

Hi Greg ,

1) Check for the Blended columns  (red mark below )

Screenshot 2018-11-07 at 11.00.42 PM.png

2) Check for the Orange mark as below (Sum(saes) on RHS)

Screenshot 2018-11-07 at 11.01.01 PM.png  

You must be having at-least one  Orange field from the Secondary data-source.

You see orange only when you drag something from secondary DS so please check for the same

Thanks,Ritesh

Please mark the answer accordingly if it really helps you