0 Replies Latest reply on Nov 5, 2018 7:41 AM by Koby Obeng

Hadoop hive ODBC driver

Koby Obeng

Hi everyone,

I am trying to connect to either the native Hortonworks Hadoop hive connector or the other databases (ODBC) connector in tableau to hive.

For the native connector i get the error:

Unable to connect to the ODBC data source. Check drivers and connection properties

[Hortonworks][hardy] (34) Error from server: SSL_connect certificate verify failed

For the ODBC driver connector, I am able to establish connection, access a schema and tables. However when I drag and drop fields to row or column shelves I get the error message below;

Bad connection: Tableau could not connect to the data source.

[Hortonworks][hardy] (35) Error from server:error code: "0" error message: 'ExecuteStatement finished with operations state: ERROR_STATE'.

I am using 2018.1.3 and I have installed and successfully configured the ODBC driver. The driver version I currently have available and I am using is 2.1.7. Is this a driver version issue or an issue with the configuration? I read about TDC files which help Tableau operate more efficiently when using Hadoop hive ODBC driver. I coped the lines contained in a TDC file and saved in my tableau data sources. That is pretty much what I did. Please HELP.