1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 1, 2018 1:00 PM by Jim Dehner

Origin and Destination Map Ranking

Anne Dahlstrom

Hello!

I work for an airline's Cargo department, and I have created a map that has our origin and destination routes by Customer.  I am creating a Customer dashboard where I would like to be able to rank and filter by the top 10 routes based on revenue.  Is this possible?  Because this is sensitive information, I cannot share my workbook, but I have the data set up where each route has two rows, for example: DAL-MDW has one row with lat and lon DAL and the second row with lat and long MDW.  I feel like this might be what is messing up my ranking, but I am unsure.

Currently, when I try to rank, it is only showing 64 paths where the Customer has a total of 277.  My rank formula is: RANK(sum([YTD Revenue]),'desc')

Any help would be much appreciated!

• 1. Re: Origin and Destination Map Ranking
          Jim Dehner

since you can not share your data I can point you in a direction rather than a specific solution

you need to have the data in matched rows and need to work around that

I am going to assume you will want to apply some sort of filtering in addition to the rankings

so what I would do is create an lod built around the airline, routes and other dimensions that you would want to filter -

something like           {fixed dim1, dim2, ..., dimn: sum(revenue)/2}   the division by 2 is because you have doubled your revenue values with the 2 rows

Then the ranking would be rank_unique(sum(the lod), 'desc')

then you can filter based on the rank

Jim

If this posts assists in resolving the question, please mark it helpful or as the 'correct answer' if it resolves the question. This will help other users find the same answer/resolution.  Thank you.