5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 31, 2018 3:33 PM by Joe Oppelt

Trying to return string using calculation with multiple variable in a dimension

Janice Ip

So I tried Case, IF() and IIF()  for the following

Open to other calculation as long as I get to use the dimension filter and not a parameter

CASE  [Type Of Visitor]

WHEN 'Day Trippers' THEN "Day Trippers"

WHEN  'Min 1 night Count' THEN "Min 1 night Stays"

WHEN  'Total Count'  THEN "Total Count"

WHEN  'Total Count' AND 'Day Trippers' THEN "Total Count and Day Trippers"

When 'Total Count' AND  'Min 1 night Count' THEN "Total Count and Min 1 night Stays"

When 'Day Trippers' AND 'Min 1 night Count' THEN "Min 1 night Stays and Day Trippers"

When 'Total Count" AND   'Day Trippers' AND 'Min 1 night Count' THEN "Total Count, Min 1 night Stays and Day Trippers"

End

[Type of visitor] is a dimension

I want to get when I click on the dimension filter

such as EX.

Total Count, Day Trippers, I should get a return "Total Count and Day Trippers"

Total Count, Day Trippers, Min 1 night stay, I should get a return of  "Total Count, Min 1 night Stays and Day Trippers"

I get the first 3 right but no matter what I do when I try to get right string when I select multiple variable, I get a separate out some like

Ex. If I select Total Count and Day Trippers,

instead of getting "Total Count and Day Trippers"  I get "Total count" "Day Trippers" Separately.