1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 31, 2018 9:19 AM by Jim Dehner

Creating grouped content for a comparison

Mike Raper

Okay, so here's my situation.

I have a bunch of time sheet data, and many individual names that the data belongs to.  What my users want is a way for each to have a dashboard of their data; that's easy enough with a source filter.  But they ALSO want to compare their data against an aggregate of all the people in their group.

So, for example, I have these people:

Bob

Jim

Jenny

Bill

Wanda

Mary

So, if I make a dashboard for Bob, he will be able to see all his data.  And, he wants to see an aggregate of all the other users data, all combined in a group called "my team". 

I know how to make a group, but I'm not sure how to aggregate it this way.  Any suggestions or thoughts?

M.

I'm on Tableau 10.4.

M.

• 1. Re: Creating grouped content for a comparison
          Jim Dehner

Hi Mike

see the attached approach using sets (since you did not include a twbx workbook I used superstore data using sub category as a proxy for you name field )

first I created a parameter to select a subcategory

then used this formula for sales - sum of the selected sub cat and the average of the sum for others

it returns this

Jim

If this posts assists in resolving the question, please mark it helpful or as the 'correct answer' if it resolves the question. This will help other users find the same answer/resolution.  Thank you.