6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 23, 2018 12:28 PM by Faig ITIL

    Question about % distribution

    Faig ITIL

      hi,

       

      I am new to the tableau, so forgive my ignorance.

      I have the following table. What I need to calculate is the % of SLA within TOTAL, however, I need to add up the number for the same quarter

       

       

      CategoryQuartersSLATotal
      LaptopsJan-1712451339
      LaptopsApr-17539535968
      LaptopsJul-17630235011
      LaptopsOct-17998733289
      ServersJan-1737137115
      ServersApr-17395635968
      ServersJul-17657934628
      ServersOct-17832233289

       

      The result should be as following

       

       

      SLA/Total
      4.202423675

       

      (1245+371)*100/(1339+37115)

       

      1.496504643
      6.802596355
      5.48456016

       

      I want the build bar charts for each quarter, which will be colored based on category's original distribution. for example, the bar (4.2%) associated with the Jan-17 will be colored based on 1245/(1245+371) = 77%. So 77% of the bar should be colored for laptop category and the remaining 23% for the server category.

       

      can somebody help me with this task?