0 Replies Latest reply on Oct 22, 2018 12:25 PM by Technical Services

Error when initializing worker node - appears to be trying to connect on port 8133?

Technical Services

This is on Windows Server 2016 on AWS. For the purposes of troubleshooting, I have the windows firewalls on both machines turned off, and the traffic between them wide open in the AWS security groups. All of the Tableau services appear to be running.

I am trying to add a worker node to my primary. I provide it the boostrap.json file & after a minute or two, says that the node failed to start. In the control_tabadminagent_node2-0.log, I see

ZKWorker-ScheduledTask-0 : INFO  com.tableausoftware.tabadmin.agent.zookeeper.ConnectionHolder - Closing Zookeeper client instance org.apache.curator.framework.imps.CuratorFrameworkImpl@25e07a61 in state LATENT.

ZKWorker-ScheduledTask-0-SendThread(ffctableaua:8133) : INFO  org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn - Opening socket connection to server ffctableaua/10.0.0.81:8133. Will not attempt to authenticate using SASL (unknown error)

ZKWorker-ScheduledTask-0-SendThread(ffctableaua:8133) : WARN  org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn - Session 0x0 for server null, unexpected error, closing socket connection and attempting reconnect

java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: no further information

Further down, I also see:

ZKWorker-ScheduledTask-0-SendThread(ffctableaua:8133) : INFO  org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn - Opening socket connection to server ffctableaua/10.0.0.81:8133. Will not attempt to authenticate using SASL (unknown error)

main : INFO  com.tableausoftware.tabadmin.agent.zookeeper.ConnectionHolder - Closing Zookeeper client instance org.apache.curator.framework.imps.CuratorFrameworkImpl@4dcb91d6 in state STARTED.

Curator-Framework-0 : INFO  org.apache.curator.framework.imps.CuratorFrameworkImpl - backgroundOperationsLoop exiting

main : INFO  org.apache.zookeeper.ZooKeeper - Session: 0x0 closed

ZKWorker-ScheduledTask-0-EventThread : INFO  org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn - EventThread shut down for session: 0x0

main : ERROR com.tableausoftware.commandline.SwitchCommand - Failed to execute command install

It looks like it's trying to open a connecton to the primary node on port 8133, but nothing seems to be running on port 8133 -- I can telnet to the administration port, 8850, and port 80 for example, from the secondary to the primary, but not 8133. I cannot telnet to that port from the primary itself either.

Is there anything I need to do/configure on the primary node prior to adding the secondary?

Thank you in advance