2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 22, 2018 12:50 AM by G HC

Sheet does not modify filter list

G HC

Hello,

I have a filter generated through a sheet (Categories). That filter is a customer list.

Now I have three different sheets (green, red and all), and I want that customer list to change according to the sheet I click on.

When I click on "green" I get a list with green customers.

When I click on "red" I get a list with red customers.

However, when I click on "all" I don't get the full list of customers.

What am I missing?

It has to be quite simple, but I have been dealing with this for a while now and still haven't been able to figure it out.

• 1. Re: Sheet does not modify filter list
          Peter Fakan

Hi GHC,

I've been playing with your dashboard and am having trouble replicating the issue you are having. It also took me a while to figure out where the Customer filter was coming from, but if you take a look at your 'hidden' field this might help explain the logic.

The green circled areas work as a filter when 'only relevant values' is selected in the drop down caret for the filter - this means that the red and green areas are filtering the customer filter. This selection persists even if you hit the 'all' sheet, thus for example the selected red + all = 3 customers which will be in the filter. If you unselect red, then all 8 customers appear.

In this situation, the All sheet is doing its job, except that all 8 customers on the view is the same as red + green being unselected so you don't actually see any difference.

You can see it in action in my version of your workbook where I have included the relevant values so that you can see them in your hidden sheet where the filter was being driven off.

HTH 18.2 attached

Peter

• 2. Re: Sheet does not modify filter list
            G HC

Is there a way to get the full list when I click on "All"?