Problem Event Name: BEX64
Application Name: tabconfig.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 5b240ecc
Fault Module Name: ucrtbase.DLL
Fault Module Version: 10.0.14393.2247
Fault Module Timestamp: 5adc1d0b
Exception Offset: 000000000006eabe
Exception Code: c0000409
Exception Data: 0000000000000007
OS Version: 6.3.9600.2.0.0.272.7
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 25b8
Additional Information 2: 25b83a3585b0c52d50d963071b978da4
Additional Information 3: 1443
Additional Information 4: 1443dc878cb80b8c9ad9ca6fb142c759
Read our privacy statement online:
If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
Do you have Data Execution Prevention enabled on your server? We received a similar (might be the same actually) error when we did not have tableau on the exception list.
Where would I find that setting?
This is how you get to that setting:
Start > Control Panel > System > Advanced System Settings > Advanced Tab > Performance > Settings > Data Execution Prevention tab
It isn't recommended to completely disable DEP though (which is what we did in troubleshooting). In looking at your fault module it is referencing "Fault Module Name: ucrtbase.DLL" which is a DLL for Microsoft Visual C++. Were there any changes or updates made to C++ recently? I will see if I can find my notes on our error and get back to you.
Also, if this is on your PROD system I would highly recommend opening up a case.
Thanks for the info Andrew. My IT Director and I decided that we are due for an upgrade. I'll see if this helps with the issue, but I will definitely issue a ticket if the issue persists.
I've been very disappointed with Tableau Support lately. I have another ticket that has been pending for two weeks now.
Just to close this thread, we ended up attempting an upgrade, but ran into some issues with the configurations. We ended up downgrading and unfortunately had to use a very old backup file since the backup wasn't working with our current environment. It was quite the painful process trying to get our Tableau Server back to where it was, but we were able to do it.
Andrew, you didn't really answer the question, but I'll give you credit for it haha!