1 2 Previous Next 15 Replies Latest reply on Oct 17, 2018 5:01 AM by Darren Darkings

LOD Fixed not doing what I thought it should do

Darren Darkings

Hi

I have a large dataset , so i will try to simplify this example.

I have a dataset with Year, Month Name, Country, City, HotelName and measures of RoomNights and Revenue

I need to be able in a report to select via filters a Year/Month/Country and City and from the hotels select one or two from the list. I need the SUM(RoomNights) and SUM(Revenue) for these which i can do. What I also need which is not working for me is i need to see also the SUM(RoomNights) for Year/Month/Country and City but totalled for all hotels not just the one or two i have selected. i.e all hotels in that city for the same date range of view.

I thought i could create a calculated field and have something like this

{FIXED Country , City, Year, Month : SUM(RoomNights)}

and that this would be one value, the same on each line if i add to the table. It doesnt, each of the selected hotels should have the same total value against them so i can calculate percent of total of their individual roomnight counts. But the value varies on each line.

How do i create a field that has fixed total sum for all filters in my view except HotelName.

I am using Desktop 2018.2

Thanks

1 2 Previous Next