1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 13, 2018 1:57 AM by Ombir Rathee

Unable to Connect to SQL Server 2016

Mehak Malik

Hi,

When I am trying to connect Tableau Desktop to SQL Server 2016 (via Windows Authentication) I am getting the following error:

• [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 11.0]TCP Provider: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.
      • [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 11.0]Client unable to establish connection
      • Unable to connect to the server "Server Name". Check that the server is running and that you have access privileges to the requested database.

Also wanted to point out that I have SQL Server Native Client 11.0 (the latest version of SQL Server Native client - as per Microsoft) on my machine, and as per https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/relational-databases/native-client/applications/support-policies-for-sql-server-native-client?view=sql-server-2017 :

"SQL Server Native Client 11.0 supports connections to, SQL Server 2008, SQL Server 2008 R2, SQL Server 2012 (11.x), SQL Server 2014 (12.x), and Azure SQL Database."

(NOTE: I am able to connect to SQL Server 2014 and make/share the dashboards with no issue at all.)
      Is there anything I am missing or any work around for this issue?