3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 11, 2018 11:48 AM by Jim Dehner

Path Orig - Destination

Drew Upah

Hi All,

I have spent a couple days on forums but cannot seem to figure out how to create a report that shows the path between the origin airport (DAL) and the destination airports. I have included the workbook and the fake Excel data I am using to try and build it.

Any help would be great!

Thank you,

Drew

• 1. Re: Path Orig - Destination
          Jim Dehner

Hi Drew

creating route maps has a specific file format where there is a form record that is separate from the to record for origin and dest

the video does an excellent job of walking you through how to convert your file - not had - just several steps - about 15 min

TABLEAU DESTINATION MAPS - YouTube

Jim

If this posts assists in resolving the question, please mark it helpful or as the 'correct answer' if it resolves the question. This will help other users find the same answer/resolution.  Thank you.

• 2. Re: Path Orig - Destination
            Drew Upah

That is the video I was using however I couldn't tell what I was doing different to make it not work.

• 3. Re: Path Orig - Destination
              Jim Dehner

Hi Drew

first you are correct - something is not right about that video

see the attached

this is the result

I recreated - going through the same steps you did - the fields and got the same result

then I went to some other sources and saw that some things were different

the field route order was a string but other sources said to make it a number and convert to measure and bring it to the viz as sum()

That doesn't feel totally right so you may want to check the values)

i also converted the  origin destination field to a geo type using "airport"

as far as what you did with the union of the sources and the creating calculations from the 2 tables - all that looked like it is correct

Jim

If this posts assists in resolving the question, please mark it helpful or as the 'correct answer' if it resolves the question. This will help other users find the same answer/resolution.  Thank you.