Which node are you trying to run this on? I would opt for node2 since this is listed first in your list-nodes.
Hello Jeff, tried it, same error. I also tried changing the order of nodes in the arguments, ie.
and other permutations. The final error would always be about the 2nd node in the list. I think it stops processing after the comma and hands control back to the shell, which just sees a "node1" string
What's odd is that you even get the error that it doesn't recognize deploy-coordination-service. This is why I asked if you tried it on all the nodes.
"Unknown command: deploy-coordination-service"
Some suggestions:1. Ensure that the path for TSM is in your env variable path
2. Try typing tsm topology and ensure that deploy-coordination-service is in the help content
3. Try instead of -n, use --nodes and see if this helps
Thank you for your help Jeff. Sadly, none of the above worked. We will open a Support case so hopefully Tableau themselves will be able to assist. For the record,
1. Env var includes the correct path to tsm: C:\...\packages\bin.20182.18.0926.2120
2. `tsm help topology` and `tsm topology` both include deploy-coordination-service. I even copy-pasted it to make sure I didn't mistype anything
3. The same error occurs with -n and --nodes arguments
Regardless, thank you for taking time for this
Well I fixed it. I used good old Command Prompt instead of Powershell and it worked.
oh good! I didn't even realize in the first place that you were using PS. But glad you got it working.