2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 21, 2018 9:17 AM by Patrick A Van Der Hyde

Making the radial selection the default

Elizabeth Farrington

Hello,

I was wondering if there is a way to make the radial selection tool the default rather than the rectangular selection tool?

• 1. Re: Making the radial selection the default
          Patrick A Van Der Hyde

Hello Elizabeth,

Is this for a published workbook on Tableau Server?  I believe this is a feature request and not possible.  Feature requests may be entered here Ideas.  Please note that creating a new idea does not automatically mark a vote for the creator.  You can add your own vote after saving the new idea. 

I have asked for feedback from a few team members as well to chime in if they do know a way to set this as a default selection tool option.

Patrick 

• 2. Re: Making the radial selection the default
            Patrick A Van Der Hyde

Elizabeth Farrington

I have tested a few things and I think I have a solution for you.

First off, I am testing with 2018.3.0 so you may have different experiences with other versions since I have not tested other versions.

For workbooks,  select the radial selection tool and select save workbook.  Close the workbook.  Reopen the workbook - Radial selection is the default.

I published a sample workbook to Tableau Public as well - see below - with the selector set to Radial selection and this is retained as the default upon publication.

https://public.tableau.com/static/images/St/StoreTest_0/YearOverYearbyStore/1.png

I hope this helps and answers your question.

Patrick