4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 11, 2018 10:33 AM by Russell Gilbert

Rank Items after Filtering

Russell Gilbert

I want to be able to rank summed amounts in a table after applying a quarterly filter. I am able to do this using a parameter for the quarter, but it will not automatically update as we move into future quarters, so I would like to use a filter for this. The problem I'm having is that the ranking happens prior to the filter in the visualization, so it is not correct.

• 1. Re: Rank Items after Filtering
          Jim Dehner

Good morning

Please see the attached

it will returned this when filtered

or this unfiltered

I created an lod that brings in the vendor and date

then ranked based on the lod

then in creating the viz - i dropped the rank on the filter shelf and in the viz set as shown

Jim

If this posts assists in resolving the question, please mark it helpful or as the 'correct answer' if it resolves the question. This will help other users find the same answer/resolution.  Thank you.

• 2. Re: Rank Items after Filtering
            Russell Gilbert

Thanks for your quick response - This is very close to what I'm looking for. I have other measures to display on each line, so I don't want to see the ranking (for testing purposes only), just the invoice total, and I want to incorporate the Top N set of "Top Vendors by Spend" which will need to be modified to use the "lod invoice total", I believe. This way the user can choose how many vendors they want to see, and the rest get lumped into "All Others".

I will only be displaying one year/quarter at a time, and I want the results sorted by the ranking, so the highest dollar amount is at the top.

• 3. Re: Rank Items after Filtering
              Jim Dehner

OK

so this is what you want

and then

as for the other "all other " question that was not in your original post and is a different question

Please create a different post

thank

Jim

If this posts assists in resolving the question, please mark it helpful or as the 'correct answer' if it resolves the question. This will help other users find the same answer/resolution.  Thank you.

• 4. Re: Rank Items after Filtering
                Russell Gilbert

Yes, this is what I'm looking for. Thanks, Jim!