3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 12, 2018 3:49 AM by Jim Dehner

display data by 5 minutes interval

Aqib Rasheed

Hi,

I am displaying live data on a dashboard and data is generating on every minute which I have displayed (Picture1), All I want to achieve that data show on 5 minutes interval which aggregates sum of count of last 5 minutes. As below representation is not very clear. Thanks

sample records:

Start_date     count

9/10/2018 11:20:00AM     1

9/10/2018 11:21:00AM     1

9/10/2018 11:21:00AM     1

9/10/2018 11:23:00AM     1

9/10/2018 11:24:00AM     1

9/10/2018 11:25:00AM     1.

• 1. Re: display data by 5 minutes interval
          Jim Dehner

Good morning

I don't have a data set that simulates what you want (that is one of the reasons we like to see your twbx workbook with the data) so I can only provide a conceptual solution

there is a function modulo that would be helpful  the form is   [expression] % integer value    and it returns the "remainder" of the division of the expression by the value

In your case if you take you time measure (as the expression) and 5 as the integer value - modulo will return a 0 at 5 minute intervals

then you could use a conditional like  if   [remainder] =0 then window_sum(sum(your measure),-4,0)  end   - since I can't check this you will probably need to play with the syntax

Jim

If this posts assists in resolving the question, please mark it helpful or as the 'correct answer' if it resolves the question. This will help other users find the same answer/resolution.  Thank you.

• 2. Re: display data by 5 minutes interval
            Aqib Rasheed

Hi jim,

Thanks for your response. Due to company policy I cannot share the original sheet here however for your convenience I have extract the data and design a sample sheet. Screenshot pasted earlier is the representation of live data from oracle database. hope this will help you to understand the scenario. 

• 3. Re: display data by 5 minutes interval
              Jim Dehner

sorry don't know what an rar file is and it will not open

what happened when you tried the solution I sent you the other day?

Jim