1 2 Previous Next 19 Replies Latest reply on Nov 15, 2018 9:20 AM by Andie Whitley LaMantia

Error During Installation of Tableau Server 2018.2.2

Imran Dossa

Hi,

I am attempting to install Tableau Server 2018.2.2 on a VM running Windows Server 2012 R2 (for testing purposes). This is a clean install of Tableau (not an upgrade).

The installation fails with the following error logged in the app_install.log file:

ERROR com.tableausoftware.installer.InstallerMain - Generic exception raised during installation.

java.lang.RuntimeException: org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException$NoAuthException: KeeperErrorCode = NoAuth for /tableau/tabsvc-clusterid/ports

Caused by: org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException$NoAuthException: KeeperErrorCode = NoAuth for /tableau/tabsvc-clusterid/ports

Any ideas or suggestions on the cause or further troubleshooting?

Thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: Error During Installation of Tableau Server 2018.2.2
          Jeff Strauss

Is this during the actual install or during the TSM initialize?  If it's the first, then do you have proper admin rights that you need?

• 2. Re: Error During Installation of Tableau Server 2018.2.2
            Imran Dossa

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your reply.

Just retried the installation and found this is occurring during the TSM Initialization. I am also logged in as local admin on the server during the installation. I've taken the screenshots posted below of the error I received.

Tableau_Install.PNG

Tableau_Install_2.PNG

Thanks again.

• 3. Re: Error During Installation of Tableau Server 2018.2.2
              Jeff Strauss

So what does the log show?  Anything useful?

• 4. Re: Error During Installation of Tableau Server 2018.2.2
                Imran Dossa

Same error as before. Everything in the log shows successful until this error (see below).

Thanks again.

---

2018-10-05 16:36:56.079 -0400 pool-3-thread-1 : INFO  com.tableausoftware.installer.operations.InstallServiceOperation - Installing service appzookeeper in parallel

2018-10-05 16:36:56.079 -0400 pool-3-thread-1 : INFO  com.tableausoftware.service.deploy.ServiceConstructor - Installing service appzookeeper_0.20182.18.0926.2120

2018-10-05 16:37:03.373 -0400 pool-3-thread-1 : INFO  com.tableausoftware.service.deploy.ServiceConstructor - Successfully installed service appzookeeper_0.20182.18.0926.2120

2018-10-05 16:37:03.654 -0400 main : INFO  com.tableausoftware.tabadmin.agent.zookeeper.ConnectionHolder - Scheduling zookeeper client to (re)start.

2018-10-05 16:37:04.659 -0400 ZKWorker-ScheduledTask-0 : INFO  com.tableausoftware.tabadmin.agent.zookeeper.ConnectionHolder - Initializing ConnectionHolder instance com.tableausoftware.tabadmin.agent.zookeeper.ConnectionHolder@432c0dc4. Zookeeper client instance org.apache.curator.framework.imps.CuratorFrameworkImpl@4debfbd1 in state LATENT

2018-10-05 16:37:04.690 -0400 ZKWorker-ScheduledTask-0 : INFO  com.tableausoftware.tabadmin.agent.zookeeper.ConnectionHolder - Closing Zookeeper client instance org.apache.curator.framework.imps.CuratorFrameworkImpl@54e23d2a in state LATENT.

2018-10-05 16:37:05.690 -0400 main : ERROR com.tableausoftware.installer.InstallerMain - Generic exception raised during installation.

java.lang.RuntimeException: org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException$NoAuthException: KeeperErrorCode = NoAuth for /tableau/tabsvc-clusterid/ports

at com.google.common.base.Throwables.propagate(Throwables.java:160)

at com.tableausoftware.installer.operations.InitializeZooKeeperPortsRegistryOperation.perform(InitializeZooKeeperPortsRegistryOperation.java:66)

at com.tableausoftware.installer.AbstractOperationRunner.run(AbstractOperationRunner.java:159)

at com.tableausoftware.installer.AbstractOperationRunner.execute(AbstractOperationRunner.java:100)

at com.tableausoftware.installer.AbstractOperationRunner.execute(AbstractOperationRunner.java:54)

at com.tableausoftware.installer.InstallerMain.execute(InstallerMain.java:182)

at com.tableausoftware.installer.InstallerMain.main(InstallerMain.java:189)

Caused by: org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException$NoAuthException: KeeperErrorCode = NoAuth for /tableau/tabsvc-clusterid/ports

at org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException.create(KeeperException.java:116)

at org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException.create(KeeperException.java:54)

at org.apache.zookeeper.ZooKeeper.setData(ZooKeeper.java:1330)

at org.apache.curator.framework.imps.SetDataBuilderImpl$4.call(SetDataBuilderImpl.java:282)

at org.apache.curator.framework.imps.SetDataBuilderImpl$4.call(SetDataBuilderImpl.java:278)

at org.apache.curator.RetryLoop.callWithRetry(RetryLoop.java:109)

at org.apache.curator.framework.imps.SetDataBuilderImpl.pathInForeground(SetDataBuilderImpl.java:275)

at org.apache.curator.framework.imps.SetDataBuilderImpl.forPath(SetDataBuilderImpl.java:261)

at org.apache.curator.framework.imps.SetDataBuilderImpl.forPath(SetDataBuilderImpl.java:34)

at com.tableausoftware.tabadmin.agent.zookeeper.ZooKeeperWorker.lambda$createOrSetDataForPathForCreateMode$6(ZooKeeperWorker.java:270)

at com.tableausoftware.tabadmin.agent.zookeeper.ConnectionHolder.runWithConnectedClient(ConnectionHolder.java:197)

at com.tableausoftware.tabadmin.agent.zookeeper.ConnectionHolder.runWithConnectedClient(ConnectionHolder.java:178)

at com.tableausoftware.tabadmin.agent.zookeeper.LifecycleAwareConnection.runWithSynchronizedConnectedClient(LifecycleAwareConnection.java:271)

at com.tableausoftware.tabadmin.agent.zookeeper.ZooKeeperWorker.createOrSetDataForPathForCreateMode(ZooKeeperWorker.java:265)

at com.tableausoftware.tabadmin.agent.zookeeper.ZooKeeperWorker.createOrSetDataForPath(ZooKeeperWorker.java:250)

at com.tableausoftware.installer.operations.InitializeZooKeeperPortsRegistryOperation.perform(InitializeZooKeeperPortsRegistryOperation.java:63)

... 5 more

• 5. Re: Error During Installation of Tableau Server 2018.2.2
                  srujan.kovur.1

Hi,

Is that issue resolved?

Thanks

• 6. Re: Error During Installation of Tableau Server 2018.2.2
                    Imran Dossa

Hi srujan

The issue hasn't been resolved yet. Still investigating.

Thanks.

• 7. Re: Error During Installation of Tableau Server 2018.2.2
                      Ej Hikel

I'm running into the same problem.  Had it with the install of 2018.2.1 and now with 2018.2.3 today.  It's not a permission issue but could it be an issue with the Java version?  Any help is appreciated as our test server is not able to move forward with the install.

• 8. Re: Error During Installation of Tableau Server 2018.2.2
                        Imran Dossa

Hi Ej,

Last week I had the opportunity to try the install on a new VM. The installation completed successfully.

Still not sure why I couldn't install 2018.2.2 successfully on the first server. The only difference between the two servers, is the second server had IIS pre-installed, but I would doubt that would cause the issue. Only other thing I could think of is firewall settings.

Thanks.

• 9. Re: Error During Installation of Tableau Server 2018.2.2
                          Ej Hikel

Thanks Imran, glad it worked for you.  After 2018.2.3 failed, I installed 2018.1  and that completed successfully.  I'll need to report this to Tableau support.

• 10. Re: Error During Installation of Tableau Server 2018.2.2
                            Jeremy Calloud

I am having the same issue with 2018.3 install. Solved by wiping out all previous installation and starting a new server from scratch

• 11. Re: Error During Installation of Tableau Server 2018.2.2
                              Alex Darling

I am also having similar issue with 2018.3. Upgrading from 2018.2.3

I've tried uninstalling all previous installations and still get the same errors.

2018-11-08 19:45:18.685 +0000 main : WARN  com.tableausoftware.tabadmin.assetkeys.AssetKeysZookeeperStore - Asset keys node already exists, skipping creation

2018-11-08 19:45:18.701 +0000 main : WARN  com.tableausoftware.tabadmin.agent.zookeeper.ZooKeeperWorker - The ACLs for /tableau/tabsvc-clusterid are [31,s{'world,'anyone}

] instead of [31,s{'digest,'tsmzkuser:SJQu3m8e3jQDjF+N/wMc/EsqdVg=}

]

2018-11-08 19:45:18.716 +0000 main : ERROR com.tableausoftware.installer.InstallerMain - Generic exception raised during installation.

java.lang.RuntimeException: Exception in initializing ZooKeeper

at com.tableausoftware.installer.operations.InitializeZooKeeperOperation.perform(InitializeZooKeeperOperation.java:102)

at com.tableausoftware.installer.AbstractOperationRunner.run(AbstractOperationRunner.java:159)

at com.tableausoftware.installer.AbstractOperationRunner.execute(AbstractOperationRunner.java:100)

at com.tableausoftware.installer.AbstractOperationRunner.execute(AbstractOperationRunner.java:54)

at com.tableausoftware.installer.InstallerMain.execute(InstallerMain.java:182)

at com.tableausoftware.installer.InstallerMain.main(InstallerMain.java:189)

Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Exception creating initial nodes in ZooKeeper:

at com.tableausoftware.installer.operations.InitializeZooKeeperOperation.configureZooKeeper(InitializeZooKeeperOperation.java:122)

at com.tableausoftware.installer.operations.InitializeZooKeeperOperation.perform(InitializeZooKeeperOperation.java:97)

... 5 more

Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: ZNode permissions don't match what's expected.

at com.tableausoftware.installer.operations.InitializeZooKeeperOperation.verifyZNodeACLs(InitializeZooKeeperOperation.java:235)

at com.tableausoftware.installer.operations.InitializeZooKeeperOperation.configureZooKeeper(InitializeZooKeeperOperation.java:118)

... 6 more

When I try to start the service I get the error msg: The service name is invalid

Any help would be greatly appreciated, this is our production server that has gone down!! really need this back by the morning

• 12. Re: Error During Installation of Tableau Server 2018.2.2
                                Alex Darling

I've also noticed that my Environment settings have been updated to 20183.18.1019.1426, however, the services for tabsvc_0 Path to executable is still "C:\ProgramData\Tableau\Tableau Server\data\tabsvc\services\tabsvc_0.20182.18.0826.0815\tabsvc\tabsvc.exe" run

When starting the script start-administrative-services.cmd, it's not going to find the correct service to start, as this looks at the env for the service name

Does this help anyone understand the issue?

• 13. Re: Error During Installation of Tableau Server 2018.2.2
                                  Andie Whitley LaMantia

Have any of you put in a support ticket on this? If not, I'd strongly suggest doing so- that is the only way our team will know to investigate and update documentation with fixes, as well as knowing the number of people impacted by issues. I'm not finding much internally to help, so likely our tier two and dev teams may need to take a look! 

• 14. Re: Error During Installation of Tableau Server 2018.2.2
                                    Patrick Tucker

Hi Andie - Has anyone put a ticket in on this? I am also experiencing a very similar, if not the same, issue.

1 2 Previous Next