3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 4, 2018 2:10 AM by Mahfooj Khan

Small multiples display only appearing on the diagonal

Jonathan Allenby

Hello!

I started using Tableau Public about a month ago and for this week's Makeover Monday I decided to try my hand at making a small multiples viz.

I've created a calculated field to obtain only the larger regions, e.g. California, Great Lakes, South East, TotalUS, etc. There's 9 in total.
      I want to create a 3x3 small multiples grid showing the total amount spent on avacados each week over time for these regions

Following Andy Kriebal's Tableau Tip Tuesday I've reach the point where I have a 3x3 grid, however the lines for each region are displayed along the 0,0; 1,1; 2,2 diagonal, 3 regions to a co-ord.
      I can see what's happening - either the row divider or the column divider isn't functioning correctly for this data - but I can't figure out to resolve it.

I feel like I need to customise the row divider or column divider but nothing I've tried has worked so far.
      Could anyone offer any guidance?

My current viz displaying the issue is here: https://public.tableau.com/views/AvacadosMakeoverMondayW40_2018/Sheet1?:embed=y&:display_count=yes&publish=yes