6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 3, 2018 7:18 PM by Hari Ankem

Percentage of aggregated data, exclude from denominator if numerator is null

Amanda Bruesch

I am trying to create an antibiogram that aggregates data from multiple facilities. The numerator data is the number of bacterial isolates tested that were susceptible to a given antibiotic. The denominator data is the total number of bacterial isolates tested against that antibiotic. This is displayed as a percent susceptible.

The problem I am encountering is when I have a null value in the numerator for a facility (they did not test that bacteria against that antibiotic), my calculation still adds the total number tested to the denominator - Percent Susceptible Calculated field in the workbook. I thought I could get around this by stating that if the numerator was null then add the total number tested to the numerator, but that skews the data - Percent Susceptible with Logic Calculated field.

I would really like to be able to aggregate the data but exclude the total number tested from the denominator if the numerator is null.

I have attached a packaged workbook and would appreciate any help that can be offered.

Thanks!