3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 3, 2018 3:37 PM by Deepak Rai

Always show data for first date, then user-selected filter dates

Joe Benet

I want to create a table that always show data from MIN([DATE]) from my data regardless of what dates the user chooses. So, in the first screenshot below, Day0 should have the same numbers as in the 9/25 column (min date in my test set). The slider filter could choose say 9/29 thru 9/30, which should then look like the second screenshot.

I got the dashboard in the second screenshot to work by creating a worksheet for just Day0, then aligning it next to a worksheet with a normal table and date filters. While this works, it has limitations such as new Device or App Version values appearing in later dates that don't get reflected in Day0 column, thus mis-aligning the rows between the two sheets. I might be able to work around that issue though.

So, is there a way to accomplish this, having a table with a set date (Day0) plus user-filtered dates?

Screenshot one above came from an approach I tried that almost worked:

Calculated Field MinDate (discrete): {FIXED: Min([Date])} (does equal 9/25)

Calculated Field Day0 (discrete): { FIXED [Device], [App Version], [MinDate]: SUM([Users]) }

Drag Day0 to rows, make discrete.

Now, no matter what I select from the date filter, Day0 stays in place and is has constant values (i.e. unchanging with the view). However, they are the sum of users for all dates of each Device/App Version combination, not just for 9/25. That behavior persists if [MinDate] is replaced with an equivalent parameter or even DATE("2018-09-25"). Any ideas?