1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 3, 2018 3:06 AM by Bryan Fernandez

Sync map zoom/movement & create multiple layer maps

Max Sand

Dear Tableau-Community,

I'm facing two issues that I would like to seek help on. My previous research on the Tableau Formus didn't yield me with an answer yet for me that works so I hope for your support :-).

I have created the following dashboard showing districts, a popoulation density grid as well as some outlets in Beijing:

Screenshot.PNG

Now I want to do two things which I cannot get done:

1.) In the shown dashboard view, I would like to have all maps zoom and move in a synchronized manner (i.e. if I move or zoom one map, all other maps move and zoom in the exact same way). Thus always the same part of the map is shown.

2.) I would like to combine all layers together in one map. Currently I managed to combine outlets and their trade areas (map on the right) together in one map which represents two layers. Is there any way to combine more than 2 layers of geographical objects together? The maps in the pictures are created out of three independant datasets currently. However, I could link dealers, districts and trade areas mathematically.

I would really really appreciate your help. I have attatched a package workbook for your reference!

Best,

Mahao