0 Replies Latest reply on Oct 2, 2018 1:30 PM by Toni Stark

Intermittent display issues in embedded visual when using iframe HTML tabs

Toni Stark

Hey, I have been tasked with taking 7 or so published Tableau dashboards and placing them in a set of HTML tabs(using iframes).

When my page loads, it loads all the dashboards all at once and then the user can tab in between them.

I am having an intermittent issue where dashboards with graphics (like bar charts) don't display all elements.

It appears that unless Tableau has focus when it is loading, it will not always load all elements. It works sometimes and not others.

I have solved this issue by doing a forced refresh (triggering a DOM update by calling JS function updateQueryStringParameter).

With this method every time you click on a new tab, it forces the dashboard to reload. This is very slow and annoying to users.

This issue appears to happen on Windows more than Mac. It occurs on Chrome and Edge.

I also removed all tabs and placed all the dashboards one after another. Works 100% of the time.

Can someone help me troubleshoot this issue? I have been tearing my hair out for a month trying to find an angle to investigate.

Here is a picture of working vs non-working.

Working:

Screen Shot 2018-10-02 at 4.12.42 PM.png

Not-Working:

Screen Shot 2018-10-02 at 4.12.13 PM.png