Problem is much worse than I had thought.
We now find we are missing three additional fields in a different table generate by a separate workflow.
That means, those ( key ) fields are no longer available in our Tableau analytics platform.
It all worked fine yesterday ... the problems arose after refreshing the source data.
And changing a few field names in the source file.
We have not had such problems before.
Running Tableau Prep 2018.2.3
Need a quick solution ...!
Yea me too, realized 1 field missing after running Tableau prep 2018.2.3.
Any idea? Something wrong with this latest version?
I am having a similar issue - the fields in question are in the data source, and show up in the initial table in Tableau Prep, but mysteriously disappear in any following steps. Worked fine one week ago, before I downloaded the newer version of Prep (2018.2.3).
Same here. I'm literally working on the prep right now. I create the field. I go to another field that need references the new field, and it disappears every time. I have wasted and hour and counting on this. Yuk
I'm also having this issue with 2018.2.3.
As a workaround, I added a new connection to the same data, removed the link between the original data connection and first step, then dragged the new connection onto the first step to re-establish the link.