1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 1, 2018 10:04 AM by Amanda Boyle

QuickBooks QBO Connector: How to Join Bill Payment to Bill

Keith Helfrich

Hello QBO Tableau Community, and Sean Li,

In the QuickBooks Online Connector, which dimensions are used to accurately join the two tables Bill and Bill Payment ?

As far as I can tell, there is no linking field in Bill Payment that can uniquely identify the Bill for which the payment was made.

Hi Drew Loika,

May I suggest improvements to the community forum, to make it easier for those of us who are interested in the QBO connector to find each other, collaborate, and share information?

For example: I'll suggest to  create a Forums Subspace specifically for those who are working with QBO.  If not a subspace, then a QBO category will be helpful.

Please confirm.

Thanks!

Keith

• 1. Re: QuickBooks QBO Connector: How to Join Bill Payment to Bill
          Amanda Boyle

Hi Keith Helfrich - Thank you for the feedback and suggestions! Drew Loika reached out to me on this on another thread and I wanted to close the loop and share my thoughts on this with you and the community here.

If we are looking to create a subspace we have to look at a handful of factors – namely who within our organization will own the space. Our forum team administers and manages the forums – but we have to rely on the PMs for specific areas to support content and answer questions. A good example of this is the Tableau Prep space. That is almost entirely managed by the Prep team (beyond setup, permissions, spam management, etc that we take care of). We are a small but nimble team of 4 people and there is too much content for us to be experts in all areas - though we do try We are not against creating the space -- but will need to do some more research to determine if it is in fact needed.

Also, we do not create categories for all of our connectors as there are so many. We are not opposed to it, and always looking for ways to improve the functionality in the forums. We are going to look into you how many people are actively using the QBO connector and others to see where there may be a need we are missing. I'll circle back on this thread when we know more.

I am tagging Patrick A Van Der Hyde and Patrick Byrne for visibility.

Thank you for your suggestions! Keep them coming - we want this forum to serve your needs!