4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 27, 2018 12:14 PM by Stephen Groff

LOD Calculation Help

Stephen Groff

Hi All!  My brain is busting over this.  Need some LOD pros... assuming I need an LOD for this.

See attached workbook extract (Tab 5)

I need my data to answer these questions:

Was the event audited?

Was was the Event #?

Was there a standard event(s) written for the [Trace No] after it was audited?

What were those Event #s?

Was the event audited?

The main columns I need to focus on here are [Production ID #] and [Trace No]

- It's difficult to explain but the [Trace No] is the [Production ID #], but only 1 will populate on a single row of data:

From this I know if the Event was audited:

Easy.

Was there a standard event written for the event after it was audited?

Remember [Trace No] and [Production ID #] are the same number.  They are both Production IDs, but for whatever reason we call one of them TRACE_NUM

In any case, my next calculation needs to go something like this:

IF the event was audited (T/F), and the [Trace No] from that audited event matches the [Production ID #] of a different standard event, then TRUE else FALSE END.

I'm trying to see which audited events still had failures after they were audited.

What were those Event #s?

I have no idea how I'm going to repopulate different events on the same row of data in my Viz.

Columns I need to show:

Was Event Audited (T/F)?

Event # of Audited Event?

Were there Failures After the Audit?

What were those Event #(s)?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

• 1. Re: LOD Calculation Help
          Eric Valpey

My first thought is that since you are using a custom SQL statement that you could solve for this with a left join to a subquery of distinct Production IDs all audited events.

• 2. Re: LOD Calculation Help
            Stephen Groff

That sounds wonderful, except I barely know SQL... putting together the SQL query I have took me an entire afternoon, and it's pretty basic.

I just want to answer a few simple questions... beginning with... Does the Trace number match the production ID # on any row?  If it does then give me that event number(s), else null end

I wish I knew more about fixed LODs

I keep going to {fixed Production ID #:??? (IF production ID # = Trace No THEN 1 else 0 END)} but all that does is return zeros.

• 3. Re: LOD Calculation Help
              Eric Valpey

Ah, well the LOD might be:

{fixed [Production ID #]: max(IF [Production ID #] = [Trace No] THEN 1 else 0 END)}

You'd be using max as an aggregate over all cases of that Production ID (so, is this production ID ever equal to the Trace No?)

• 4. Re: LOD Calculation Help
                Stephen Groff

Here is a table representation:

I have 2 different rows.

-If the Production ID only shows up - its a failure  (This row of data was only created because we systematically record failure events)

-if the Trace No shows up - it means it was audited  (This row of data was only created because we systematically created an event to show that we audited the event)

So pretty much I can create 2 different calcs:

1.  was this a failure event (IF not ISNULL (Production ID) then "Failure" END)

2.  was this an audit event (IF not ISNULL (Trace No) then "Audited" END)

I just don't know how to put both of these on the same row.

IF Event was "Audited" then give me the Event # for the "Failure"

I can create and join two different tables, but then I just have a list of duplicated events which takes the functionality away from the "VIEW" data feature that makes (in our facility's case) worth using.

I think this can be done using LODs, but even though I've spent hours trying to understand them... I'm still waiting for the light bulb to turn on.