2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 24, 2018 2:11 AM by Vibhuti Verma

Dashboard Swapping

Vibhuti Verma

Hi All,

I have a TWBX containing two dashboards - One is a Gantt chart of the project(Gantt Chart) and the other is also a Gantt view but only for Critical items(Critical Tasks).

Gantt Chart- Consists of the list of all the tasks in the project plan with progress bar and other details( Start date, Finish Date, Team, etc.)

Critical Tasks- Similar to Gantt Chart but it has Critical ='Yes' filter on. So all the details are displayed only for Critical tasks.

Now, my requirement is to hyperlink the task IDs in Critical Tasks dashboard in such a way that upon clicking the ID of the task in Critical view, it automatically moves to Gantt view dashboard and highlight the same task in there.

For example, assuming Task#4is Critical and is visible in the Critical Tasks dashboard.

Requirement - When I select 4 in the Critical Tasks dashboard. It should move to the Gantt Chart dashboard and highlight the row with task#4 as in the entire sheet should be visible but just the specific row should be highlighted.

The reasoning behind the requirement - To get a holistic view of the Critical items as in where exactly it lies and what are its Predecessors and Successors.

All suggestions will be much appreciated. PFA the sample TWBX.

• 1. Re: Dashboard Swapping
          Naveen B

Hi Vibuthi,

Check the attached workbook you can see what you are expecting.

first Thing those are not dashboards , they are called as worksheets

Use the worksheets --> Actions option to achieve the required O/P

Hope this helps

Plz mark this answer as correct or helpful to close the thread

BR,

NB

• 2. Re: Dashboard Swapping
            Vibhuti Verma

Hi Naveen,

This doesn't really solve my problem.

1 - You see if I use your workbook and click on the Task ID, the task is getting filtered in the Gantt Chart. I don't want that. I just want it to be highlighted.

2 - If I use Highlight Action, it still doesn't work because of two reasons. One it doesn't switch to Gantt Chart automatically and second, it does highlight but if it's a long list, it doesn't automatically scroll down to that task number. For example, if task#200 is a Critical task and I select that in Critical Task view. It'll highlight the task but I will have to manually go to the Gantt Chart and then scroll down to see the highlighted task and its details.

PS - Thanks for the reminder. I've converted the sheets into dashboards in the sample file. The question is actually based on dashboards itself, not sheets.