LEAD Public Schools is hiring for a Director of Data Management. The Director of Data Management will manage the data insights position, the school information system manager, and will work collaboratively with the Head of Academics and Innovation and school principals to craft the data strategy for the organization. Key responsibilities include systems integration, interface management, data warehouse management, creation and management of dashboards, supporting the academics team for data requests, analytics, and supporting the development of data informed strategies for academic excellence. The Director of Data Management is vital to ensuring that all of LEAD Public Schools’ information technology, systems, infrastructure, and data is continuously accurate, available, and secure. The overall role is to enable administrators, school leaders, students and staff to work effectively and efficiently on integrated systems with accurate and high-quality data.
MAJOR PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- In collaboration with the Head of Academics and Innovation, design and implement software and data solutions to accelerate student learning and organizational effectiveness
- Support the overall strategic leadership and tactical implementation for all data analysis, evaluation, and impact activities of LEAD Public Schools
- Assist in managing data integrity, data analysis, presentation development, data collection, program evaluation, and electronic records management
- Collaborate with district contacts to maintain student information system
- Remain up-to-date on district, state and federal testing and accountability policies in relation to data management
- Provide data professional development and data coaching where necessary to staff at different levels with an emphasis on supporting teachers
- Directs technological research and analytics by studying organization goals, strategies, practices, and systems. Craft data strategies using high-quality, integrated analytics that integrate best practices for instructional and teaching methodologies
- Recommends information and academic technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes; identifying problems; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements. Research and recommend new products, systems, and procedures that support and enhance operational and academic goals
- Ensure team members are using data tools appropriately and follow up when necessary
- Manage student information system and ensure data integrity
- Support and enhance organizational and academic effectiveness and efficiency by defining, delivering, and supporting strategic plans for implementing technologies solutions and data systems
- Collaborate with the Academic team and school level leadership to systematize the use of data at the school level in order to increase the efficacy of teachers and the fluidity of using data to drive change at the school level
- Ensure the data we use is valid and accurate by working with users when necessary to norm on data entry protocols. Ensure quality control and consistency in all data and analysis published by LEAD Public Schools
- Maintain and verify application results by conducting system audits of technologies and systems. Implement and maintain a quality control and audit process to ensure accuracy, consistency, and security of data and systems
- Please review the list of requirements below for this position
- Proficiency with Tableau
- Experience with SQL database
- Experience with Python, Java, and Infinite Campus a plus
- Ability to create replicable automated processes using the above defined tools
- The ideal candidate for this position will be a quantitative expert with experience in K-12 education and a strong grasp of effective assessment strategies.
- Experience using data in educational settings to drive change at the classroom and systems level.
- Self-starter who sets high goals, is comfortable dealing with ambiguity, and can handle multiple projects at once
- Capable of managing work in a fast-paced environment, at times under tight deadlines
This is a full-time position. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience and includes full benefits and technology provisions.
To apply go to www.leadpublicschools.org/careers OR LEAD Public Schools - Director of Data Management