2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 20, 2018 6:09 AM by Duri Allie

Data structure and Filters

Duri Allie

Hi everyone

I am new to Tableau, hope you can assist me.

I have these two files:

1. Headcount (HC)
      2. Termination File

Attached is my .twbx file as well.

I am trying to work out labor turnover but having some data/formula/filter issues.

In my headcount (HC) file I have start headcount and end headcount again each profit centre (CC or cost centre).

Then I have my termination or leavers file but detailed per employee by assignment category and profit centre etc.

In my example I am using the HC file and Its profit centre, as I do not want to lose my headcount, and I brought in the Termination numbers to each profit centre.

When I add a filter and and deselect my Casuals, Contractors and seasonal employees from the termination file, I only want the Actual Termination numbers to update and keep the full headcount compliment.

My current calculation is as follows:

220 (actual terminations) / 295 (average headcount) = 74.5%

If I deselect from my filter (Casuals, Contractors and seasonal employees) I get actual terminations of 126 but I am seeking the below result.

126 / 295 = 42.7%

However currently when I deselect those options it changes my AVG HC to 282, then it takes 129 / 282 = 44.7%

What am I doing wrong? or is there a better way to blend the data in excel?

Example.PNG

Thank you in advance... hope the above explanation makes sense.