I'm having some trouble understanding what you wish to do and why you would need to do it. Any chance you could share a packaged workbook and explain your goals?
If you just want to put it onto the labels shelf, use ATTRIBUTE
i have a sheet with a column chart. i also have a filter for a Dimension. the bar chart is made up of 2 of the filtered members of the Dimension.
- if i selected label, it shows the SUM of the 2 filtered values on the top of bar/column chart (great) BUT
- i have a parameter that changes the calculation formula of bar charts (2 filtered members stay the same)
- my calc for param are either $ or %, so standard number formatting for labels doesnt take when i switch params
- i created a calc field for formatting labels, case param, when "Active Accts Rate" then str( round ( ([param Calc]*1000), 2) + "%"
- because it is a string, its saved as a dimension.
- when i drag this dimension calc label field in labels, it puts labels not as a total sum, but to each individual filtered member, i get 2 values for each bar/column chart
- if i convert to a measure, it aggregates as count, countd, max, min, of the 2 values per bar
i want to format the labels for each calc in param, some $ , some %
i want 1 label on top of bar
if i can create to a measure and allow an aggregation of string with SUM
or convert to measure with no aggregation, it would work
1 of 1 people found this helpful
From what I could interpret and understand, I feel it is possible using the ATTR function.
If you could share the tableau workbook may be with a mock data-set, we can understand the problem statement better and the community can contribute more.