4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 20, 2018 10:59 AM by jon rios

A way to convert string to measure without aggegation

jon rios

i know there is an option to "turn off aggregation of mesure" but i assume this is for ALL measures, not select, correct?

i have a calc field which takes a integer value and converts to a string value.  i want to convert this calc field to a discrete measure BUT NOT AGGREGATE.  i just want the value as is and drag that to labels...   is this possible? if so how!  thnks

• 1. Re: A way to convert string to measure without aggegation
          Ken Flerlage

I'm having some trouble understanding what you wish to do and why you would need to do it. Any chance you could share a packaged workbook and explain your goals?

• 2. Re: A way to convert string to measure without aggegation
            Tushar  More

Hi,

Apologies I didn't catch the gist. If you are using

calculation just to convert number to discrete then you don't need to do that. You can directly convert your measure to dimension and you get individual values of it.

Right click on your measure, select convert to dimension.

~Tushar

• 3. Re: A way to convert string to measure without aggegation
              Joe Oppelt

If you just want to put it onto the labels shelf, use ATTRIBUTE

• 4. Re: A way to convert string to measure without aggegation
                jon rios

i have a sheet with a column chart. i also have a filter for a Dimension. the bar chart is made up of 2 of the filtered members of the Dimension.

• if i selected label, it shows the SUM of the 2 filtered values on the top of bar/column chart (great) BUT
                • i have a parameter that changes the calculation formula of bar charts (2 filtered members stay the same)
                • my calc for param are either $ or %, so standard number formatting for labels doesnt take when i switch params
                • i created a calc field for formatting labels, case param, when "Active Accts Rate" then str( round ( ([param Calc]*1000), 2) + "%"
                • because it is a string, its saved as a dimension.
                • when i drag this dimension calc label field in labels, it puts labels not as a total sum, but to each individual filtered member, i get 2 values for each bar/column chart
                • if i convert to a measure, it aggregates as count, countd, max, min, of the 2 values per bar

i want to format the labels for each calc in param, some $ , some %

i want 1 label on top of bar

if i can create to a measure and allow an aggregation of string with SUM

or convert to measure with no aggregation, it would work