2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 19, 2018 7:45 AM by jon rios

Labels as Calculated Field... question

jon rios

is there a way to create a calculated field and make it a measure WITHOUT aggregating. or make a string label a continuous measure with SUM and it aggregation?

i am creating a calc field for labels that converts integers into strings, my problem is it converts the calc field into a dimension which break up my field into multiple parts.  I would like it to stay as a MEASURE but NOT aggregate itself. 

• 1. Re: Labels as Calculated Field... question
          meenu choudhary

Hi Jon,

Could you please explain with a sample data on what you are expecting??

• 2. Re: Labels as Calculated Field... question
            jon rios

a label on top with 1 value.

tha problem is i cam creating labels in calc field because of the parameters whcih dont accept the default number formatting.  there bar charts are based on a dimension that is filtered.  the calc field for labels is a string in order to get the % sign after the formatting.

because it is saved as a dimension , it break the values into both filter values.

if i convert this calc field for labels into a measure, the only option i get is a count, count distinct, min, max

if i could convert this string  calc field into a measure WITHOUT any aggregation, that would be perfect.  Or convert it to a discrete measure with a SUM aggregation, that would be perfect.