1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 15, 2018 2:41 PM by Andrew Bickert

Dynamic Web Page Object Using Param

Tyson Andrews

Hello,

My goal is to view the top N web pages inside a dashboard.

I am wondering since I can only either use a direct URL or a parameter for that, if I can get a top N URLs for say most generate engagements, inside the parameter, so I can drop that parameter inside of the edit URL box.

I am wondering if this is even possible or if there is another solution? I saw there was a possible extension that updated parameters? https://extensiongallery.tableau.com/products/27  but not sure if that's a solution?

Attached is a twbx with a few attempted calcs, but it's not much help.

Thank you,

-Tyson

• 1. Re: Dynamic Web Page Object Using Param
          Andrew Bickert

Hi Tyson,

The only thing I can think of that may help is using an action filter for the URL's within a calculation. That way you may be able to parse through different web pages via a calculated method. Not sure if this will help you as it is not a list of websites inside the parameter but rather a combination of a string within the urls but you would be able to do a case statement if you already had the list of websites that you want to display. The attached example uses the Top N Blog Post to choose the "Test" + "Parameter" to search within Google when you click on the blue square.

Andrew