1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 15, 2018 8:29 AM by Ken Flerlage

list of database (stored procedure as well) that is compatible with tableau

keshar joshi

i was trying to get stored procedure from mysql to tableau but it is not compatible. could you please give me list of open source databases  that is compatible with tableau and i can pull stored procedure from there.

• 1. Re: list of database (stored procedure as well) that is compatible with tableau
          Ken Flerlage

I don't believe stored procedures are supported on any open source database platforms, unfortunately. See the quote from the following: Stored Procedures

A stored procedure is a subroutine available to applications that access a relational database system. When you connect to a SAP Sybase ASE, Microsoft SQL Server, or Teradata database with Tableau, you can use a stored procedure to define the connection.

SQL Server has a free edition, SQL Server Express, but there a lots of limitations to it. That being the case, you may need to consider a different option. Could you schedule a stored procedure to build some tables which can then be consumed in Tableau?