1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 25, 2018 4:06 PM by Candy Wong

Data driven alert sent to only 1 recipient despite of subscribing 2 recipients

Hiral Patel

Hello,

I set up an alert on Tableau Server to notify 2 users when the condition is met however only 1 recipient is receiving the email alert.

Below is what I see when I check the status of 'Check if Data Alert Condition Is True'

I subscribed two users to receive and only 1 user has been receiving it so far. Why is it evaluated true for only 1 user?

Thank you in advance.

• 1. Re: Data driven alert sent to only 1 recipient despite of subscribing 2 recipients
          Candy Wong

Hi Hiral Patel -

Here are a few cases to consider that may have led to only one recipient not being able to receive an alert:

• Are you using User Filters? Data-Driven alerts respect user filters, which may result in the user specific data reaching the alert condition for one recipient but not others.
          • Does the user still have permissions to the View? A user will need View and Download Image/PDF permissions enabled for the view to receive data-driven alerts.
          • Does the user still have an email address in their Tableau profile?
          • Does the user still have a valid Tableau license? An unlicensed user will not be eligible to receive data-driven alerts.

Hope this helps,

Candy