3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 14, 2018 12:27 PM by Shinichiro Murakami

Missing dates in data

Raheel Farooq

hi All,

I have a dataset with order dates but all month dates are not there e.g. when there was no order on any specific date, that date is completely missing in the dataset but I want to show all the dates on my view.

how can i show all the dates on the view? thanks

Regards
        • 1. Re: Missing dates in data
          Shinichiro Murakami

Depends,

Could you attach sample data as twbx and illustrate problem and expected results?

Thanks,

Shin

• 2. Re: Missing dates in data
            Ken Flerlage

Not entirely sure if this is what you're looking for, but let me give it a try. I mocked up a sample data set as follows:

DateValue
            1/1/201889
            2/16/201871
            4/3/201896
            5/19/201873
            7/4/201858
            8/19/201877
            10/4/201860
            11/19/201852

There are a few ways to visualize this data. Typically, this type of information would be visualized using a line chart as follows:

If you Date field is continuous, then the chart will automatically include all the dates along the axis (though it will only plot those dates with data).

But, based on you question, I'm guessing that you want something a different--perhaps something that simply plots every day like this:

If this is what you're looking for, then you can right-click on the Date pill and choose "Show Missing Values". That will then show all of the dates as shown below:

It'll show NULLs in each missing date. If you want to change these to zeros then you can double click on the pill on the text card and add "ZN(" to the beginning and ")" to the end.

This will convert the NULLs to zeros.

See attached workbook.

• 3. Re: Missing dates in data
              Shinichiro Murakami

HI Raheel Farooq

Just following up.

If you have further questions, please reply to this.

If you think problem is solved, please mark answer as correct / helped to close the thread not from inbox but from originals post.

Thanks,

Shin