2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 11, 2018 7:03 AM by Steve Martin

100% Stacked bar chart is Behaving weird

Ayan Chakraborty

Hi Guys,

Hope you are doing great. I am facing a problem regarding 100% stacked bar chart and below how I made it and the problem description.

I have a table of user login activity over a period of time. In the stacked bar chart I am showing Active vs Inactive users. The count looks fine when I am doing so.

I went to analysis > Percent of > Column to make it a 100% stacked bar chart. It is only fine when I am using for a date range(1 week or something).

If I want to look it for a particular day, it is going up to 200% which is abnormal in this case. I am not sure why it is behaving like this.

Please find screenshot.

Screen Shot 2018-09-08 at 3.04.27 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-08 at 3.04.52 PM.png

Please help me solving this issue.

Thanks,

Ayan

• 1. Re: 100% Stacked bar chart is Behaving weird
          Tushar  More

Hi Ayan,

We will need a .twbx file to look into issue. Please post so that we can help.

• 2. Re: 100% Stacked bar chart is Behaving weird
            Steve Martin

Hi Ayan,

This sounds like a scoping issue. The calculation (that which Tableau has generated) will be: Sum(<your field>) / Total(Sum(<your field>))

Total is a window_calc so a scope will need to be defined although, to be dynamic, it is best to apply to the table(down) or table(across) scope.

I'm guessing you are trying to build this (and thus troubleshoot) only against the chart. Please can you duplicate your chart as crosstab and thrn build from there, this way, you will be able to see how the calculation is being applied.

Looking at the charts you have provided, my guess is that there is some dupes / double-counting in your set that is being overlooked in the default view, but then surfaces when you reduce the size of the set as a result of the filtering operation(s).

Steve