1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 11, 2018 7:55 AM by Derek Ward

Formula Help

Derek Ward

Hello All,

I am working on creating a waterfall chart and  have recently been struggling to incorporate two measures that I have created into one. Below are images and descriptions of the two individual measures I am using and my attempt to combine them into one single measure. The goal is to have them both incorporated into one measure that I will use for the waterfall chart.

View:

Selector Field: Used to manipulate the display

NIAT YTD Allegro & Enertia Formula: This produces a year-to-date net income figure (aliased as Year-to_date in the view)

Waterfall YOY YTD NIAT Formula: This produces a year-over-year net income figure

Waterfall Formula: Should produce a measure showing 2017 as 837,967 and then YOY amounts for 2018

For some reason when I combine the two measures into one my YOY results on the Waterfall measure become greatly inflated from what they should be. I am not sure what is causing this or how to fix it, any help would be appreciated! I would like to stay away from posting a sample workbook if possible as some of this data in my data source contains sensitive information.

Thanks,

Derek

• 1. Re: Formula Help
          Derek Ward

Maybe this will help solve the problem. I have found that my issue is due to my Waterfall YOY YTD NIAT measure being multiplied by the number of records in the Waterfall calculation. For example 12,632,018 x 143 gives me 1,806,378,567... and so on for the rest of the data. How do I eliminate this from happening and show the correct YOY values in my Waterfall measure?

Thanks,

Derek