2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 5, 2018 9:57 AM by John Sobczak

Apply filter on load

Robert Flint

Hi, I am trying to figure out how to set a filter selection for each of our viewers based on the options they have to choose from.

Here's the scenario.

Client one has access to Markets 1,2,3,4 and 5

Client two has access to Markets 6,7,8,9 and 10

When Client 1 logs in we want market filter to be set to 1 when client 2 logs in we want it to be set to 6 (always their first market selection.)

There will be hundreds of clients with some overlap in Markets. We do not want to default to a view that some clients may not have access to as they will get blank charts.

Looking for ways to do this either via some magical filter option or javascript function on load.

Thanks

Rob

• 1. Re: Apply filter on load
          John Sobczak

This is an interesting scenario.  One thought I have at very high level but haven't tried is to create a secondary data source with client and market columns and then blend your primary data source to the secondary Market field only.  Then create a user filter (ie. client) that will filter on the secondary data source and flow through to the primary data source.  Like I said I haven't tried this but in theory this sounds nice if it works.  I'll let others chime in.

• 2. Re: Apply filter on load
            John Sobczak

Actually I just re-read your requirement and my solution will filter to just the client markets and not have all markets data available to the client nor does it address setting the filter to their first market by default. But I still like the solution