1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 24, 2018 7:03 AM by David Maisonneuve

Min, max, average displayed on each parameter of a graph

David Maisonneuve

Hello all,

I am stuck with a basic question I guess, whose keywords can't give any clue on the forum or online. I would be glad if you could help.

I have an evaluation table: 5 suppliers in rows, lots of parameters in columns. I have already worked quite a lot on this managing quite nice results. Source table:

What I want now is to present to each supplier its results for each parameter compared to the other suppliers, showing max, min and average of the parameter, e.g. below (I delete the text for non disclosure) :

Where blue/red box is showing min/average/max - sorry it is ugly I did it quickly with ppt, but I think it helps to see what I want to get somehow, much sexier please .

Suppliers are filtered, only one is shown to keep the others anonymous. So I want to display all parameters for only one supplier at a time, with a filter (this is done), with the min, max and average of all the suppliers showing around each parameter.

That must be quite simple given the basic need it is in data treatment, but I can't figure it out.

Waiting with hope for your replies and pieces of advice,

Sincerely,

David

• 1. Re: Min, max, average displayed on each parameter of a graph
          David Maisonneuve

Thanks to my manager, we have found a workaround to this question.

1. Instead of keeping the original data source, he could use the pivot function to obtain this table:

This pivot function is surprisingly absent in my version of Tableau (though newer than his version) 2018.2.0.

2 Calculated fields added. Once the data are presented like this, it allows to obtain such graph, with a simple Parameter selection :

A second solution from Tableau support, also based on a new organization of data source, is to do a Pivot table first  ("fournisseur" = "supplier"):

and then graph from it:

I hope that could help people with the same question, even if key words for this search makes it difficult to find online...

David

1 of 1 people found this helpful