4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 31, 2018 7:35 AM by Simon Runc

line graph

sudip midya

Hi,

I want to count the number of orders per day(1 to 365 or 366 if its leap year) per year(color) from 2012 till 2015. It should be displayed as line graph on single chart. Somehow, I am not able to get it right.

When I am getting all the information it on the table, when I am trying to plot as line graph, it divides it into 4 quadrants for different years and plots it(as shown in attached file), but I want them on one unified screen. Please help. I get confused how tableau moves from columns to marks on selection of a particular graph type, sorry if its a basic question.

plotting as line graph.jpg

Thanks a lot,

Sudip

• 1. Re: line graph
          Simon Runc

hi Sudip,

So I think you just need to move the years to the colour, and not on the rows shelf

Let me know if that doesn't make sense, or not what you were after.

• 2. Re: line graph
            Jim Dehner

see attached

this is at the  day count level

Jim

If this posts assists in resolving the question, please mark it helpful or as the 'correct answer' if it resolves the question. This will help other users find the same answer/resolution.  Thank you.

• 3. Re: line graph
              sudip midya

Thanks a lot for the quick reply, actually I could do that, maybe my question wasn't proper and clear, very sorry for that, I have refined it a bit. I have in table percentage of number of orders per day with respect to year, please have a look at the attached file, now I want to plot that as line graph on a single unified window, with years as colored as you have done. In other words, cumulative sum of number of orders(as percentage) with dayofyear across different years. I have attached the workbook.

Thanks,

Sudip

• 4. Re: line graph
                Simon Runc

So you should be able to just move the pills about to get the view you want (especially as you have set up the Table Calculation manually, rather than using Table (Across)...etc. where the arrange of the pills affects the Table Calculation). I've attached a version with the chart

1 of 1 people found this helpful