3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 30, 2018 6:57 AM by Love Tableau

Meeting Attendance Metrics Ideas

Abhiroop Verma

Hey everyone,

I was given a very large data set initially, so I've created a smaller dummy data set for the purposes of this thread.

So the data set that I have basically consists of a list of people, meeting types, a date for that meeting with the format of month/year, and two columns indicating an invite sent out and whether the person actually attended the meeting (I will attach the data set along with this, so I hope it can be more clear). So the idea is to basically calculate the percentage attendance of people attending meetings, and then being able to visualize that and see trends in attendance.

Capture.PNG

Here's a screenshot of the data set. For the invites column, a 0 indicates that an invite was not sent out, and a 1 indicates that it was. For the attendance column, a 0 indicates that the person did not attend that meeting, and a 1 indicates that they did. These numbers aren't booleans, but are just normal numbers which can be used in aggregations and all.

2.PNG

Here's a screenshot of the dashboard. The percentages charts are made from calculated fields that I created (I'll attached the packaged workbook as well so you all can take a look).

The one thing that I want to do is be able to look at trends in % attendance for each meeting type over time. The thing is, I haven't been able to come up with a way to do so given the way the data is currently prepped. I'm hoping to see something like a line chart with the trends in percentages. I was hoping to get more ideas on how I could do that, and integrate it with what I currently have.

Please let me know if you have any questions about this! It might be a bit confusing to understand at first. I'm using Tableau 2018.1 for this.