1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 7, 2018 7:19 AM by Ciara Brennan

Auto refresh Excel data from OneDrive

Clara Pantoja

Hi! I've searched for topics regarding this issue but only came across very old discussions (none of them marked solved?), so I figured I'd open one myself.

I am a starting Tableau user (haven't even finished my trial period yet.). I have various Excel files (.xlsx) I need to use as data sources in Tableau Online. They are all stored in OneDrive and need to be checked for updates on a daily basis. I have tried publishing my data sources one at a time from Tableau Desktop, but even though they are marked as "real time" connections, my visualizations do not reflect changes unless I access them one by one and hit "refresh" (the drop-down option "Schedule extract" is always grayed out). I need my data sources and visualizations to update daily in Tableau Online (and I really hope I won't have to do it myself everyday).

P.S.: I have tried using Tableau Bridge (couldn't figure it out, but that's another story). After the trial, though, I won't be the one hosting the files (my boss will), and we are going to need solutions that work on Mac computers as well.