2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 28, 2018 1:46 PM by Mark Dimalanta

Waterfall Chart - (1) Possible for both a Dimension and Measure on Color Marks and (2) How to clean up Labels?

Mark Dimalanta

Greetings,

I'm working on the Global Superstore Orders Excel file and have successfully created a Waterfall chart.  I've edited the colors to show positive profit (green) and negative profit (red).  I'd like to take this a step further and show which portion of the bars belong to which Category (Office Supplies, Technology, or Furniture).

1. It seems as though when I drag Category to Color, it replaces Profit, and vice versa. Is there a way to put both a measure and dimension on the color mark? If not, is it possible to put more than 1 measure on the color mark?  I could code Category as 1,2,3 as a workaround.

2. When I drag Category to the Label mark, I like the corresponding text that shows up but it gets squished and difficult to read on small columns. Is there a way to 'drag' the text boxes and draw a line from the text box to the column like how you can in Excel/Visio?  If not, is there a way to clean up the labels a bit?