1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 27, 2018 7:13 AM by Ankit Patel

Button does not deselect/highlight after click

Felipe Caon

Hello

I'm trying to make a button selection disappear after click, for context: I've crated a button (in a panel) that redirects to a sheet. However, after I click this button it gets highlighted and whenever I go back to the main panel, it is still highlighted.

I understand that this is the intended behavior, but how can I change that? A lot of articles around are pointing to solutions like creating incremental ID's or creating reset buttons, but I just want it to deselect automatically. I'm under the latest version of Tableau, maybe they added a new that I'm not aware of.

Before click:

a.png

After click

b.png

And it keeps highlight until another button is pressed.

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Button does not deselect/highlight after click
          Ankit Patel

Hi Felipe - unfortunately "deselect automatically" is still something that is not built-in functionality (not even the latest 2018.2.x). You will need to adapt an alternative solution for what you are looking to achieve or best would be to train end-users to click on the button "one more time" to deselect it.

I am sure this is not the answer you are looking for but at the least I am with you on this one - takes a best way to navigate between dashboards with simple enough request more annoying.

Best regards,

Ankit

1 of 1 people found this helpful