1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 24, 2018 9:51 AM by Simon Runc

Text Label (Show 3 Values, Rest Show "Multiple Selected")

Manveen Dharni

Hi,

I am trying to create breadcrumbs as part of my report.

Screen Shot 2018-08-24 at 11.14.04 AM.png

1. If you notice that for clients selected, it displays all the clients. I do not want to show more than 3. If the list contains more than 3, I want it to display 'Multiple Selected".

2. Also is there way to not show any filters that were not selected. For example, I only selected Name but I do not want to display the other values, can that be done?

I am attaching a workbook. Any help is greatly appreciated.

• 1. Re: Text Label (Show 3 Values, Rest Show "Multiple Selected")
          Simon Runc

hi Manveen,

So I think it can sort of be done!

I've done this for Clients, but you can use the same logic for the others

I've left Client in the Detail of the Viz, but have created this calculation as the label

[Clients Filter Label]

IF WINDOW_SUM(COUNTD([Clients]))=SUM({COUNTD([Clients])}) THEN

IF FIRST()=0 THEN '(All)'END

ELSEIF WINDOW_SUM(COUNTD([Clients])) > 3 THEN

IF FIRST()=0 THEN 'Multiple Selected' END

ELSE ATTR([Clients])

END

now where this breaks down, a bit, is when by filtering on the other dimensions you end up filtering out a Client. In this case it goes from 'All' to 'Multiple Selected' (as the  WINDOW_SUM(COUNTD([Clients]))=SUM({COUNTD([Clients])}) is no longer true...in that the number of Clients is less than the global number of clients in the data). This might not actually be a bad thing as the user now knows they have "inadvertently" filtered out a Client, by way of another filter.

Hope that helps...and makes sense in what it's doing.