1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 27, 2018 11:59 AM by Carisa Chang

Error on user mapping Tableau v2018.1

Bradley Daley

Hi Community!

I've been encountering an error while trying to import a mapping file on a fresh installation of Tableau server v2018.1. I'm wondering if anyone can offer some assistance.

Background/context:

• Server is being set up on an AWS EC2, specs are within the recommended range.
      • Currently have a local auth server running at the moment, trying to set up a new server for SSO Local Auth with Azure, and import and map the data across.
      • New and old servers are running v2018.1.
      • I've been following this guide: How to Migrate Tableau Server from Local Authentication to Active Directory by Using Site Migration
      • There seem to be no errors during the installation and set up, but I can't get past the "Import the Verified Mapped Site Content to the Target Site" section.

The error message that I'm getting when I'm trying to import the mapping csv:

While trying to run the commande tabadmin importsite_verified

-- Locked default site
      ===== Importing default site
         -- Unlocked default site
        *** org.springframework.orm.jpa.JpaSystemException: org.hibernate.TransactionException: commit failed; nested exception is javax.persistence.PersistenceException: org.hibernate.TransactionException: commit failed

The error from the tabsvc-tabadmin-java.log file looks like this:

2018-08-22 11:16:26.962 +1000 10848@EC2AMAZ-M0I0DJD main WARN  org.springframework.jmx.export.MBeanExporter - 
      Could not unregister MBean [org.apache.commons.dbcp2:name=workgroupDataSource,type=BasicDataSource] as said MBean is not registered (perhaps already unregistered by an external process)

I don't know enough about the installation process to know what I'm doing wrong, and have had a hard time looking for people who have resolved similar issues.

Any suggestions?