Can you provide a sample workbook?
It sounds like your filter is working after your index() - thereby filtering out items that have been indexed. I don't have the order of operations image handy but if you google it, it should give you an idea if this is being filtered out because of the order of operations or by something else.
To get around it, try converting your filters into calculated fields, which should free up the index function to work correctly.
Can you please share a sample report?
Not able to reproduce with sample-superstore Can you provide a sample workbook?
I'll get a sample workbook later today.
Hello all, sorry for the delay.
I have managed to solve the issue. I was confused because the Tableau Order of Operations states that filters should be done before table calculations, which would make the Indexes work as intended. After a very long night of trying everything I could throw at it, I managed to solve the issue by simply starting over from scratch.
That data source I used was the exact same, as were the table calculations, filters, labels, and other pieces of a tableau sheet. I have no idea what caused the Tableau Order of Operations to break in my case, but simply starting over with a new sheet fixed the issue.
I know this isn't going to be a super satisfying answer for anyone who googles this problem in the future and stumbles upon this thread, my only advice to anyone who has this happen to them is to start from scratch on a fresh non-duplicated sheet and see if it works.
As for not posting a workbook, the data I'm working with is NDA (as I assume is the case for most people) and is pretty unique. It would be hard to duplicate the exact case using the superstore data set due to the niche application of the calculated fields and whatnot. My apologies to the people who were waiting on it.