2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 21, 2018 1:19 PM by Ashley Inman

Histogram Sort and Negative Numbers

Ashley Inman

I have a histogram that I've created with the help of some of the histogram discussions. But I'm running into a sorting issue with negative numbers.

It is not sorting the x axis numbers in order correctly. And because I've given users the ability to change the bin size and groupings I don't think the custom sort will work?

I'm also wondering why in my bin sizing why when I have a "Group Everything Below" set at -125 currently why the -120 bin is still showing? I've looked at my formulas and can't see what is causing this?

• 1. Re: Histogram Sort and Negative Numbers
          Ben Neville

It's hard to say what's causing the sort order issue without being able to see how you've created the bins. Perhaps if you give us a bit more info around this we can help. As for the -120, I would expect this to show, as you have grouped everything below -125, and -120 > -125.

• 2. Re: Histogram Sort and Negative Numbers
            Ashley Inman

Weird even when I put in -110 it also is still showing the -120 bin.

Unfortunately I'm unable to share my workbook but below are the formulas I'm using.

MEASURE

INT( [Days Late] / [Bin Size] ) * [Bin Size] - IF [Days Late] < 0 THEN [Bin Size] ELSE 0 END

DIMENSION

if [Fields to Group Above] THEN STR([Group Everything Above])+ ' to ' + STR({fixed      : MAX([Computed Bin]) } )

ELSEIF [Fields to Group Below] THEN STR([Group Everything Below]) + ' to ' + STR({fixed      : MIN([Computed Bin]) } )

else STR([Computed Bin]) END

PARAMETERS

SETS