2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 27, 2018 10:55 PM by Krishna Duraisamy

Time overlap indicator

Krishna Duraisamy

Hello all,

I have following these issues that I would like to resolve it with Tableau charts and calculation of parameters.

1. I am trying to create an indicator (with color) to indicate when a workstation is planned twice for different projects that falls with the same time range.

For example: In the attached excel, we can see the A01.01 is planned twice

1. For project 1: 16.07.2017 - 28.07.2019

2 .For project 5: 05.08.2017 - 06.12.2018

I have to show in a bar chart which I tried in the attached workbook and I am not sure how can I differentiate it in the graph to clearly visualize that the planning is wrong and workstation A01.01 cannot be booked for 05.08.2017 - 06.12.2018 time period.

2. I am also trying to set parameter for 'select start date' and 'select end date' to allow the user select a time frame to see if a workstation is available or reserved for that selected time frame using the attached excel input.

Any help with these two issues will be great

Thanks,

Krishna

• 1. Re: Time overlap indicator
          Zhouyi Zhang

Hi, Krishna

Please find my solution by join your data to itself using the key room = room as shown below

and then create the calculation field, if you just need the overlap cases, then drag the calculation field to filter and select 'Overlap'

Hope this helps

ZZ

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Time overlap indicator
            Krishna Duraisamy

Hello Zhouyi,

Thank you so much for the idea.

I did apply the same solution to my Problem. But it works in the crosstab. But I couldn't Show it in the graph.

This is my vs your graph: I couln't Show the difference for overlap in the graph. For me, it just Shows the Project with Long Duration in'Blue', the other Projects within this time range are not shown in Gantt. Please let me know, what am I doing wrong here.

dkpGantt Chart.JPG